- 1 (12-oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5-oz) box instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 2 bags chessmen cookies or vanilla wafers
Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using an electric mixer. In another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I prefer meringue and made-from-scratch pudding but… Some shortcuts can’t be beat. My favorite part? The pudding~softened cookies. This is pure southern comfort food that I was raised on. A down home Sunday dish. Hope you enjoy!